Cotswold Wildlife Park re-opening announcement.
Following the Government’s most recent guidelines, we are delighted to confirm that we will re-open on Wednesday 17th June 2020.
Reggie Heyworth, Managing Director of Cotswold Wildlife Park, said: “This is unexpected but very welcome news. Until 48 hours ago, we were told clearly that the next review date of the closure of zoos was not until 4th July. It is a major undertaking to prepare the Park for re-opening after an unprecedented near 3 month closure but we will open again to visitors on Wednesday 17th June at 10:00 am. Because of national shortages of perspex and other suitable screening and PPE materials, our shop and self-service cafeteria are likely to remain closed until the end of June. As always, visitors are welcome to bring picnics to enjoy in our parkland and gardens and our kiosks will be open as normal. Indoor attractions may remain restricted or closed, including “Madagascar” and our Tropical House. We are so relieved to be able to look forward again to welcoming visitors. However, our relief is cautious and we would ask all our visitors to show kindness and respect to each other in keeping social spacing during their visit”.
We have put measures in place to ensure visiting the Park is safe for everyone. More information will follow shortly so please check this page regularly for the latest re-opening updates and temporary restrictions.
- E-tickets are on sale online to reduce all unnecessary contact with our cashiers. We encourage visitors to purchase E-tickets to minimise cash handling. E-tickets are cheaper than tickets bought at the gate. Click here to purchase your E-Tickets online. (Please Note: Online E-Tickets cannot be purchased on the day of your visit, therefore please buy E-Tickets up to midnight the day before your visit).
- On Government advice, all indoor exhibits remain closed for now, including the walk-through Lemur exhibit and the Goat petting area in the Children’s Farmyard. * The Adventure Playground and ‘Skymaze’ are closed.
- Keeper talks are postponed to avoid encouraging crowds.
- The train remains closed.
- Kiosks are open, serving snacks, ice creams and hot and cold drinks. Visitors are always welcome to bring picnics.
- Our restaurant remains closed.
- The gift shop is open between 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
- Additional toilet and hand washing facilities are in place around the Park. Please respect social distancing guidance at all times when using these and avoid crowding together.
- Season ticket holders: Season tickets have automatically been extended by the period of time we were shut. There is no need to contact us about this extension – it has automatically been updated on our systems.
- Following Government restrictions, Keeper Experiences (including Keeper For A Day, Junior Keeper Experience, and Trainee Keeper Day) and Animal Encounters have been cancelled. You should have received an email regarding this. If you haven’t, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Please be kind and thoughtful to others. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not visit.
For Government guidance changes please follow our regular updates on this website and on our social media. We would like to thank our visitors and supporters for their ongoing support and loyalty.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Park soon.
Last updated: 14th July 2020