There are no vacancies for keeping staff to work with the animals either now or in the foreseeable future.
Activities and Education Assistant
An opportunity has arisen at Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens to join the Education Department as an Activities and Education Assistant. Applications are invited for this position working 21 hours per week. Working 8am – 4pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday. During term time school talks will take place on a Friday, with additional junior keeper experiences on a Friday during the school holidays.
We have been running successful Junior Keeper Experiences for 7 to 11 year old children for the past 5 years. We are looking for an outgoing and confident person to help deliver these highly popular events. The successful applicant will be responsible for administrating and delivering the children’s experiences at weekends and during the school holidays. In addition, during the week the post will involve assisting with school talks and encounters.
Applicants will ideally have experience of working with children and or animals. You must be energetic and physically fit, patient and able to manage small groups of children. The role requires you to possess excellent communication and presentation skills, have a flexible approach to work tasks and be comfortable working outside in all weather conditions.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with people of all ages in a confident and outgoing manner
- Experience of working with children and communicating to a wide range of audiences.
- Previous exposure of working in a zoo, aquarium, museum or other animal related environment would be an advantage
- Observant of risks to children and animals
- Will be a team player
- A flexible approach to working duties and hours
- Although not essential, a zoo related degree would be highly advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to learn new skills and information within a time limit
- Physically fit
- Full driving licence
A full DBS background check will be carried out.
Please note: Due to the nature of this role applicants should be aware that they may need to work some evenings and Bank Holidays.
Pay will be dependent on previous experience and qualifications.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st July 2019
Please send or email a current CV together with a covering letter to: Jamie Craig, Curator, Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens, Burford, Oxon OX18 4JP