6 Month Voluntary Animal Keeper Internship
An opportunity has arisen at the Wildlife Park to join the Animal Department as a Voluntary Internship Keeper. Applications are invited for this position, working 40 hours per week, 5 days on and 2 days off, 8am – 5pm.
6-month fixed post starting on 4th July 2022.
We have been running an internship programme at the Park for a number of years in conjunction with a local university and this year for the first time we will be accepting applications from around the UK. The successful candidate will be supporting the keeping staff throughout the 6-month period (including a 6-week probationary period) by completing daily husbandry tasks. This will include assisting with food preparation and feeding, cleaning animal accommodation, maintenance of enclosures and surrounding areas, observing animals and reporting any potential problems, keeping work areas clean and tidy, help to take in deliveries and store correctly, any other jobs that are deemed appropriate – this is likely to change depending on the season.
Applicants must be aged 18 years and over, hardworking, conscientious and uphold high standards of animal husbandry and welfare. You must be reliable and punctual. Ideally you will be enrolled on an animal related course or recently graduated, have good communication skills and be adaptable to different working environments. You must be able to work both in a team and independently, be physically fit to cope with the demands of the job and be able to adapt to a flexible rota.
If you are interested in this position, please read the full job description and complete the application form fully and submit it to the Education Manager.
If you have any questions, please contact Helen Hitchman at email@example.com
This is an unpaid voluntary position. Closing date: 29th April 2022
Part-Time/Seasonal Catering Assistant
We are seeking a part-time/Seasonal Catering Assistant to join our Catering team.
This role will be working one or two days per week, on weekends with overtime during school holidays.
Candidates must be available to work overtime during holiday periods
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Excellent customer service and communication
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and multi task
- An interest in food preparation / presentation / food hygiene
- Work well as part of a team with the ability work on your own
- Able to follow instruction and use own initiative when required
- Smart appearance and presentation
- Supplying the highest possible levels of customer care and service
- Ensure the smooth service of food and drinks to customers in our main restaurant and kiosks
- Ensure food is served efficiently and to the set standards in our main restaurant and kiosks
- Complete cleaning tasks as specified on the cleaning rota to ensure all areas are clean and well
Hourly rates from £7.70 – £10.00
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Catering@cotswoldwildlifepark.co.uk
Two permanent positions have arisen for assistants to join our Hygiene Department.
Role 1 | Weekends only – 14 hours per week
Role 2 | 35 hours per week working 5 days out of 7
In both cases the role involves:
- Cleaning all public facilities prior to the park opening to our visitors and throughout the day to ensure all areas are clean and well presented at all times.
- Familiarise yourself with park facilities and knowledge to answer visitors questions in a quick, professional and polite manner.
- Familiarise yourself with your departmental standards to ensure standards are kept consistently high at all times.
- Report any damage to equipment or any maintenance issues to your departmental head to ensure any issues are resolved quickly.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and presentation at all time ensuring the correct uniform is worn.
- To be security conscious and reporting any suspicious circumstances to your departmental head.
- Candidates will ideally have cleaning experience however full training will be provided.
Applicants must be over 21 years old for insurance purposes and hold a full, clean UK driving licence.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Museum is due to reopen on the 21st June 2021 and therefore an opportunity has arisen at the Wildlife Park to join the Education Department as a volunteer. We are looking for volunteers to help welcome visitors to our on-site museum. You will help to facilitate activities, such as object handling, trails, answering questions and keeping resources stocked.
The museum will be open to the public at weekends and school holidays. If you have a keen interest in animal anatomy, classification and animal adaptations and have a few hours to spare, please come and join us. You will enjoy welcoming, meeting and talking to people of all ages and backgrounds, and be confident interacting with everyone from families to VIP guests. Enthusiasm for the collections is more important than expertise.
Please click here to download the full volunteer description.
To apply please contact: Helen Hitchman – Education and Activities Coordinator
Telephone: 01993 825 707 or email: email@example.com